Brakes DIrect News and Updates
Ford Fiesta ST Owners... yet another Brakes Direct exclusive!
Stop paying too much for performance street pads for your ST... Remsa are a high temp European performance street pad rated to 650°C and we have both front and rear on the shelf ready to go!
Also available are Brembo, EBC Redstuff and Forza pads. All parts to suit Fiesta ST (including rotors!) can be found using the vehicle lookup, here's the direct link:
Shipping is free Australia wide!
ATTENTION CRAIG LOWNDES SPECIAL EDITION OWNERS...
...another Brakes Direct exclusive!
Now available are the DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted brake rotors to suit the REAR of your vehicle! Australia made, high carbon content and heat treated!
$247.50 per rotor, and delivery is free Australia wide!
Fronts to match are $228.80 each. As always, we have a wide range of pads to suit front basic street performance pads, through to high end competition!
For more information, or to order call 1300 724 943!
Another win on debut for Forza Brakes in the Australian market, with Gordon Moore taking a class win at the recent Leyburn Street sprint against stiff conpetiton! He was testing the FR6 pad for Brakes Direct having previously only been happy with Performance Friction PFC01. The FR6 had better bite and modulation from cold giving superior confidence!
#forza #brakes #forzabrakes #FR6 #carbonfibre #racing #motorsport #leyburn #leyburnsprints
Forza's FP3 pad took a class win on debut in the hands of Adam McLeod at the 2015 JapNats at QLD Raceway! Adam was using Winmax W3 and found the FP3 pads to be a significant step up in performance at a lower cost!
Upgrade for Endless MXRS/MX72, Project Mu HC+, Ferodo DS2500, PFC 97, Hawk HP+, Bendix SRT, Winmax W3 and Pagid RS4-2.
#forzabrakes #FP3 #class #win #japnats #qldraceway
ATTENTION EXCEL CIRCUIT AND RALLY DRIVERS!
Yet another Brakes Direct exclusive... DBA 4000 Series rotors to suit X3 Excel! When safety and performance matters, avoid the cheap imports and get a competition grade rotor!
• Australian made
• Thermographic temperature monitoring paint
• XG150 High Carbon Alloyed Iron
• TSP Thermal stability profiling to prevent high stress distortion
• Far longer rotor life when used in competition compared to lower carbon non-heat treated trade servicing items!
Available in both non-slotted (to meet CAMS series requirements) and T3 slotted! For a competition grade rotor, the pricing is ridiculous:
• DBA 4000 Series Plain $140.80 per rotor
• DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted $148.50 per rotor
Delivery is free Australia wide! Rotors are due into stock mid April, but with demand high and stock limited, pre-order now to avoid disappointment!
To order, or for more information call us on 1300 724 943!
ATTENTION RALLY DRIVERS AND TEAMS!
At Brakes Direct we're getting asked more and more for brake kits for 15" rims, and during a conversation with a customer recently we had the idea of doing a combined gravel/tarmac kit! Basically to switch between the two you would just need to change the bracket and rotor. It would be a shared caliper, which would massively save on costs (and spares) if you were running both surfaces!
Right now we're taking expressions of interest in us developing this setup!
• Will use Alcon's CRB332 caliper. This is a proper motorsport grade caliper and was the choice of Toyota in their recently developed R3 86 (See pics!). It has 2kg anti-knock back springs, is radial mount, removable bridge, very light etc...
• The CRB332 takes disc diameters from 285mm to 332mm and thickness from 28-32mm. So the sizes we'd be looking at would be 296x28mm for gravel (15" rim min), and 330x32mm for tarmac (17" or a very good 16" rim min).
• Rotors will be a DBA 2 piece with our motorsport spec 'NS' slot pattern.
• At this stage would just be for Evo/WRX but would look at other kits depending on demand.
• Price would be under $4k for the complete dual gravel/tarmac package including pads. Very good considering you're getting two pairs of two piece rotors, as well as brackets to match!
• Price for just the gravel kit would be $3297. To get the parts later to upgrade to tarmac would be about $1500, so there's a bit of saving in ordering together!
Any questions at all just let us know!